The Commercial Record has named its 2012 Women of FIRE honorees, an annual award recognizing the key female players in the local FIRE (Finance, Insurance and Real Estate) sector.
The second annual Women of FIRE award celebrates the best and the brightest women in the Connecticut FIRE industry. With the help of Commercial Record readers, a group of judges sorted through dozens of nominations and chose 12 brilliant, innovative leaders to be named this year’s Women of FIRE.
“We searched for the best of the best – those women who are making a difference through innovation, hard work, team-building, philanthropy, mentoring or leadership – and these women demonstrate these exemplary qualities,” said Timothy M. Warren Jr., CEO of The Warren Group, publisher of The Commercial Record.
The September issue of The Commercial Record magazine will include profiles of each of the winners. The winners will also be honored at the 2012 Women of FIRE Awards Luncheon on September 27. Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman will give the keynote speech, proving how determination and perseverance can lead to extraordinary accomplishments.
* Linda Baumgarten – Founder, CT Real Estate Investors Association
* Stacy Blake – Broker/Owner, Stacy Blake Realty
* Cheryl Calderado – SVP, Admin., Sales, Service, Marketing, Dime Bank
* Victoria Clark – Broker/Owner, Connecticut Commercial Realty & Select Homes
* Leslie Hammond – Client Liaison/Project Manager, Mystic River Building Company LLC
* Linda Houston – New England Market Executive, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
* Bridget Morrissey – Realtor, RE/MAX Property Consultants
* Traci O’Brien – Individual Sales Rep, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Nancy Pantoliano – Office Leader, Prudential Connecticut Realty
* Marion Schmeelk – Managing Director and Market Executive, U.S. Trust
* Jane Warren – Partner, McCarter & English LLP
* Susan Winkler – Executive Director, Connecticut Insurance & Financial Services Cluster
More details about sponsorship opportunities can be found here. To get more information on the celebratory luncheon, click here.