The Warren Group is seeking a banking and finance reporter for our industry-leading suite of newspapers. The reporter will identify and write enterprise and breaking news stories and spearhead the creation of special sections derived from The Warren Group’s data products.
If you have an interest in where developers get their money from, why banks fail, getting a ring-side seat on the business trends that shape how politics works, and want to join an industry-leading, 150-year-old real estate data company, then we are looking for you.
Your job will be to see through the happy talk and spin businesses so often put out when times are tough. To discern what’s really going on inside the institutions and markets that fuel Massachusetts’ economy, you’ll need to cultivate rich source networks, be adept at careful reporting, and be diligent in checking your facts.
This role demands the ability to write clean copy, make complicated topics accessible to non-specialists, spot trends, stay ahead of the news and help your colleagues spot best practices to drive audience growth, particularly online.
Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Collect and analyze information about newsworthy events to produce stories and multimedia packages for publication;
- Receive assignments, pitch stories and evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas;
- Produce and package stories clearly and concisely;
- Report, write, and gather accompanying graphics as needed in a timely manner while meeting deadlines;
- Continuously research and update general knowledge of subjects appropriate to covering the assigned industries and professions as applicable to your assignment;
- Utilize The Warren Group’s data products for current special sections (Top Lenders, Fast 50, and Top Loan Originators); spearhead the creation of these special sections.
- 2+ years of writing experience; a plus in finance or banking industries.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven work experience as a journalist, reporter, content writer, or copywriter.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Hands-on experience with content management systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This position is Full-time and non-exempt and a work-from-home position. However, some meetings and most events will require in-person attendance. Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., though it may vary to accommodate attendance at meetings and events.
Only candidates residing in Massachusetts will be considered for this position.
The Warren Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and supporting a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com