Banker & Tradesman has named its 2012 Women of FIRE honorees, an annual award recognizing the key female players in the local FIRE (Finance, Insurance and Real Estate) sector.
The second annual Women of FIRE award celebrates the best and the brightest women in the Massachusetts FIRE industry. With the help of Banker & Tradesman readers, a group of judges sorted through dozens of nominations and chose 20 brilliant, innovative leaders to be named this year’s Women of FIRE.
“We searched for the best of the best – those women who are making a difference through innovation, hard work, team-building, philanthropy, mentoring or leadership – and these women demonstrate these exemplary qualities,” said Timothy M. Warren Jr., CEO of The Warren Group, publisher of Banker & Tradesman.
Banker & Tradesman will be running profiles of each one in a special section on July 23. The winners will also be honored at the 2012 Women of FIRE Awards Luncheon on Aug. 6 at the Hyatt Regency Boston hotel. Lisa Lynch, dean of the Heller School for Social Policy and Management and Brandeis University, and former chief economist for the U.S. Department of Labor, will give the keynote speech, proving how determination and perseverance can lead to extraordinary accomplishments.
* Tami Bonnell – President, U.S., EXIT Realty
* Hillary Burr – Senior Tax Manager, Wolf & Company, P.C.
* Janelle Chan – Executive Director, Asian Community Development Corp.
* Catherine Daume – Managing Director of Asset Management, The Davis Cos.
* Barbara Elia – Senior Managing Director, Principal, Cassidy Turley FHO
* Susan Gittelman – Executive Director, B’nai B’rith Housing
* Christina Hill – Team Leader, Keller Williams Boston Northwest
* Edie Hill – Operating Principal, Keller Williams Realty Boston Northwest
* Svetlana Javakhyan – Vice President/Sales, Wolfson Cutler Real Estate
* Marty Jones – President & CEO, MassDevelopment
* Jae Junkunc – VP, Head of Strategic Risk, MassMutual Financial Group
* Jane Lundquist – Executive Vice President and Director of Retail Delivery, Business Banking & Home Equity Lending, Rockland Trust
* Betsy Magnuson – President/Owner, Herbert H. Landy Insurance Agency
* Cindy Merkle – Executive Vice President, Eastern Bank
* Amy Mizner – Principal, Benoit Mizner Simon & Co.
* Brenda Reny – Chief Operating Officer/Managing Director, Daintree Advisors LLC
* Elka Sachs – Partner, Krokidas & Bluestein LLP
* Kimberly Steimle – Chief Marketing Officer & Chief People Officer, Suffolk Construction
* Pat Villani – President, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage New England
* Kathryn E. West – Vice President of Real Estate and Facilities, Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
For more information about the awards luncheon, click here.